This project is read-only.

ReadMe

Jan 7, 2008 at 11:50 PM
The readme techincally looks good, but:

As a new user and also a beginner with MSBuild stuff, I noticed that the readme doesn't obviously show where the zip file should be extracted too.

Also with the GacUtil facility, if I have an assembly in the GAC what happens, is it overridden if it is the same SNK and version or does it require being uninstalled. People can work these problems out, but it will take them longer to do so.

What versions of visual studio are supported?
Jan 9, 2008 at 7:12 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I will update the release package and notes with better instructions on how to "install" the library. The files should be extracted to the following directory:

%ProgramFiles%\MSBuild\MSBuildContrib

Currently, I am only supporting Visual Studio 2008 (.NET 3.5). If there is enough interest in making a .NET 3.0 (or possibly even a .NET 2.0) version of the assemblies I can do that. As far as I know there should be no problems recompiling against those versions of the Framework.

As for the GacUtil task, if the assembly already exists in the GAC it will not be overwritten unless the Force property is "true".
Jan 9, 2008 at 7:13 PM
Edited Jan 9, 2008 at 7:20 PM
This discussion has been copied to work items. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion for the installation instructions. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion for the Visual Studio support.